Current Providence City Impact Fees
Providence City currently charges an impact fee for qualifying water facilities, wastewater facilities, roadway facilities, and park and recreation facilities. The current fees are listed in the Impact Fee Schedule 7/29/2021 Revision
The fees apply to the service areas as defined in Providence City Code 9-1A-3: The entire area of the City and any areas outside the City serviced by such systems are hereby designated and established as one service area with respect to the culinary water system, the wastewater (sewer) system, parks and roads.
Utah Code 11-36a-102(8) defines impact fees as follows:
(a) Impact fee means a payment of money imposed upon new development activity as a condition of development approval to mitigate the impact of the new development on public infrastructure.
(b) Impact fee does not mean a tax, a special assessment, a building permit fee, a hookup fee, a fee for project improvements, or other reasonable permit or application fee.
Impact Fee Analyses
- July 2021 - Wastewater Collection Impact Fee Facilities Plan and Analysis
- June 2020 - Wastewater Treatment Impact Fee Facilities Plan and Analysis
- November 2007 - Park and Recreation Impact Fee Analysis
- November 2007 - Park and Recreation Capital Facilities Plan
- July 1997 - Roadways Impact Fee Analysis
- July 1997 - Water Impact Fee Analysis
Impact Fee Notices
Pursuant to UCA § 11-36a-501, Providence City hereby gives notice that the City intends to prepare or amend an impact fee facilities plan for the following: roadways, parks, water, wastewater, and storm water. The geographic area where the proposed impact fee facilities for roadways, parks, storm water, and wastewater will be determined as part of the facilities plan; but will be within Providence City corporate limits. The geographic area where the proposed impact fee facilities for water will also be determined and part of the facilities plan and will be within the City’s corporate limits; however some of the water facilities may be located within the area approximately 150 feet east of the east boundary line of the City.
Pursuant to UCA § 11-36a-503, Providence City hereby gives notice that the City intends to prepare or contract to prepare an impact fee analysis for the following: Roadways, Parks, Water, Sewer, and Storm Water
- 06/16/2016 - Notice of Intent to prepare an Impact Fee Facilities Plan and an Impact Fee Analysis
- 09/07/2018 - Second Notice of Intent to prepare an Impact Fee Facilities Plan and an Impact Fee Analysis
- 09/25/2018 - Notice of Public Hearing Roadway Facilities – Transportation Impact Fee Facilities Plan, Enactment of Impact Fees, Amendments to Providence City Code 9-1A Impact Fees