To provide fun and social opportunities for youth to develop mature citizenship, leadership, a sense of personal achievement, community service and understanding of government.
The Providence City Youth Council is open to Providence City youth entering grades 8-12. It is a great opportunity to learn about local government, help solve problems, perform service and build your resume.
Generally, the youth council meets once per month. We plan service opportunities and activities in small committees and meet together to have fun and execute the events.
Follow us on Instagram @prov_youth_council and invite your friends!
subject to change
August: Sauerkraut Days
September: Choose theme, plan activities and set committees
October: Swearing in, new officers, learn about city government
November: Service activity
December: City Christmas Tree lighting celebration
January: Night ski party
February: Day at the Utah Legislature
March: Three-day leadership conference at USU – for those who qualify
April: City Easter egg hunt
May: Summer parade prep
Join Youth Council
Youth Council Application Period: April 1 to May 31 each year. Click here to apply!
All Providence Youth Council members are expected to do the following:
Meetings & Activities
- Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings and activities
- Find your own transportation to and from meetings and activities
- Fulfill your responsibilities/assignments and report on them at the meetings
- Come prepared to participate and work
- Wear your PYC t-shirt to all activities
Code of Conduct
- Conduct yourself in a positive, friendly and law-abiding manner at all times
- Show respect for self and others in dress and language
- Arrive on time for meetings and activities
- You must attend 75% of the activities/meetings in order to receive your certificate of completion and qualify for a letter of recommendation
- If you can’t come, call/text an advisor to excuse your absence for half credit
- Eligibility for the annual Leadership Conference at USU is determined by the highest attendance for 9-12 grade council members
We are also looking for Youth Council advisors. If you enjoy working with youth and serving the community, please contact Council Member Carrie Kirk at (435) 757-1444, by email ckirk [at] providence.utah.gov.