Providence City, Utah
"A RICH HERITAGE - A VIBRANT FUTURE"
City Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
164 North Gateway Drive, Providence UT 84332
Phone: 435-752-9441 Fax: 435-753-1586
Ground Water and Sump Pumps
Providence City Code 11-4-5:C. states, downspouts for roof drains, basement drains which lower ground water conditions, and other similar possible inflows to the sewer system shall not be allowed.
If you have a pump that is connected to the sewer system, please contact Public Works, 435-753-0313, to discuss bringing your property into compliance. Pumping ground water into the sewer system increases the amount of wastewater going to the wastewater treatment facility in Logan City and significantly increases our treatment costs.
South Towns Talent Show
Earn a chance to complete in the South Towns Talent Show by sharing your talent on April 26th or 27th at the talent show auditions. Everyone who auditions will be invited to participate in a special group number at the Talent Show on June 1st! Cash prizes will be awarded to top performers. All Contestants must pre-register for auditions, open to ages 12+. Registration ends April 12th. Sign up online at tinyurl.com/SouthTownsTalent.
Spring Curb/Street Side Branch Pickup - Discontinued
In order for us to continue to provide residents with the green waste dumpster service at the public works facility, please observe the following rules:
- Please do not dump green waste on the ground before the dumpsters are in place.
- If the green waste dumpsters are full, please do not dump your green waste on the ground. Please come back after the dumpsters have been emptied, or take your green waste to Logan City's green waste facility.
- The green waste dumpsters at the public works facility are for use by residents only; not for use by landscaping companies. If you see this type of violation, please report it to the Public Works Office at (435) 753-0313. The City also has cameras that record activity at the dumpsters.
- Leaves that are not bagged
- Garden waste
- Clean hay and straw
- Branches (branches cannot be over 6-feet in length or 12-inches in diameter).
- Non-invasive weeds (no morning glory or dyers woad)
The City's spring curb/ street side branch pickup service was a separate service from the household green waste bins provided by Logan City. The household green waste bins curbside pick up begins April 1st.
Please Do Not Place Branches on the Curb/Street Side
We expect the green waste dumpsters will be delivered to our public works facility, 350 East Center, Providence, on Monday, March 25. You can also take green waste to Logan City's facility, 200 N 1400 W, Logan.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please Keep Waterways and Storm Drains Clean
Please help keep the waterways on or along your property clean and free from any debris that may impede the flow of the water. Please do not blow or rake lawn clippings, leaves, or other debris in to the gutters or ditches.
Please help keep the storm drains near your property clean and free from snow and any debris that may block the drain.